Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
Ministry of I&B Constitutes Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) Promotion Task Force
Headed by Secretary I&B, Task Force to submit its first action plan within 90 days
Task Force has representation from Industry, Academia and State Governments
08 APR 2022 10:46AM by PIB Delhi
- Creation of AVGC Promotion Task Force announced in Budget speech of Hon’ble Finance Minister
- AVGC industry partners as stakeholders
- India to be at the forefront of content creation
- To guide policies of growth of AVGC Sector
- Actively collaborate with Industry
- Enhance global positioning of Indian AVGC industry
The Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comic (AVGC) sector in India has the potential to become the torch bearer of “Create in India” & “Brand India”. India has the potential to capture 5% (~$40 billion) of the global market share by the year 2025, with an annual growth of around 25-30% and creating over 1,60,000 new jobs annually.
2. To further unleash the scope of AVGC sector, an announcement was made in the Union Budget 2022-23 for setting up an Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) Promotion Task Force to recommend ways to realise and build domestic capacity for serving our markets and the global demand.
3. In pursuance of the announcement made in the Union Budget 2022-23, an Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) Promotion Task Force has been constituted to promote the AVGC sector in the country under the aegis of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
4. The AVGC Promotion Task Force shall be headed by Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and will have Secretaries of
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education;
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
It will have widespread participation of Industry partners viz.
- S/Sh. Biren Ghosh, Country Head, Technicolor India;
- Ashish Kulkarni, Founder, Punaryug Artvision Pvt. Ltd.;
- Jesh Krishna Murthy, Founder and CEO Anibrain;
- Keitan Yadav, COO and VFX Producer, Redchillies VFX;
- Chaitanya Chinchlikar, Chief Technology Officer, Whistling Woods International;
- Kishore Kichili, Sr. Vice President and Country Head, Zynga India;
- Neeraj Roy, Managing Director and CEO of Hungama Digital Media Entertainment.
5. The AVGC Promotion Task Force also includes State Governments of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana; heads of education bodies such as All India Council of Technical Education, National Council of Educational Research and Training and representatives of industry bodies-MESC, FICCI and CII.
6. The creation of an AVGC Promotion Task Force with participation of Government of India, State Governments and key industry players will provide focused thrust for the growth of the sector by driving the institutional efforts to guide the policies of growth for this sector, establish standards for AVGC education in India, actively collaborate with industry and international AVGC institutes, and enhance the global positioning of the Indian AVGC industry.
The Terms of Reference of the Task Force include the following:
(i) Framing of a national AVGC policy,
(ii) Recommend national curriculum framework for Graduation, Post-Graduation and Doctoral courses in AVGC related sectors,
(iii) Facilitate skilling initiatives in collaboration with academic institutions, vocational training centers & Industry,
(iv) Boost employment opportunities,
(v) Facilitate promotion and market development activities to extend global reach of Indian AVGC Industry,
(vi) Enhance exports and recommend incentives to attract FDI in AVGC sector.
7. The AVGC Promotion Task Force will submit its first action plan within 90 days.
(Release ID: 1814698)
Visitor Counter : 6413
Read this release in: