Advisory to recess the symptoms of respiratory tract in possible Corona virus infected cases
29 JAN 2020 3:49PM by PIB Delhi
In continuation of the preventive measures issued on 29-01-2020, further advisory to recess the symptoms of respiratory tract in possible Corona virus infected cases is as below:
AYUSH system is based on traditional health practices. The traditional Healthcare system of the country provides lifestyle advocacies to boost immunity which helps the prevention of various kind infectious diseases. Recently, the outbreak of corona virus has been noticed which mainly involve Respiratory system. The Ministry of AYUSH is issuing the advisory as preventive measure and not claiming to be a treatment advice for the Corona virus infection. The Research Councils under Ministry of AYUSH are involved in various public health activities and provide lifestyle advocacies time to time for the general public.
- As per the Ayurvedic Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested.
- Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty.
- Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices.
- Measures shall be taken to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
- Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
- Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
- Trikatu(Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½ liter and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required.
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
- As per the Homoeopathy Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested-
The Group of Experts inter-alia has recommended that homoeopathy medicine Arsenicum album30 could be taken as prophylactic medicine against possible Corona virus infections, which has also been advised for prevention of ILI. It has recommended one doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for three days. The dose should be repeated after one month by following the same schedule incase Corona virus infections prevail in the community.
- As per the Unani Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested.
- Prepare decoction by boiling Behidana (Cydonia Oblonga) 3gm, Unnab Zizyphus (Jujube Linn) 5nos, Sapistan (Cordia Myxa Linn) 7nos in 1 litre water until it reduces to half. Store it in a bottle and take sips as and when required.
- For prophylactic measures immune system need to be strengthen for this purpose Khamira Marwareed 3-5 gm once a day may be taken.
* This advocacy is for information only and shall be preferably adopted in consultation with registered Ayurveda, Homoeopathy and Unani practitioners.
(Release ID: 1600940)
Visitor Counter : 27847